Saturday, February 26, 2011

A few blogs you might find interesting

I've posted a few blogs here- use them in any way you like. They might serve as a resource for your teaching, the lesson plan(s) you write, reflections... they might also act as a models for the blogs you will keep this semester.

Here's a potential resource site for anyone interested in implementing social activism with English language learning.

This one is written by a woman teaching English and doing teacher training in Korea. She calls the blog throwing back tokens and discusses classroom practices, reflections, and random ideas about teaching and learning English in Korea.

This one discusses hip hop music and pedagogy from an academic standpoint.

Here is one blog associated with The Freire Project that includes a ton of material, including a teacher resource page. There isn't a whole lot up there yet, but it's definitely worth a look for anyone interested to see how Freire's ideas have been interpreted in different contexts.

Here are some sample lesson plans from a site called Turkish TEFL. These are not necessarily examples of critical pedagogy, but they may get some ideas flowing. We might also use some of these lessons for critique.

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I just wanted to thank you for referencing me on your blog. I'd love to know how you learned about it.

    Your course seems interesting. Where are you teaching now? Could you tell me a bit about your course? I tried to view your profile, but I only get a list of your other blogs.

    I look forward to checking out the blog on Friere.

    Have a great semester,
    Josette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there.... I found your blog by chance some time ago. I think you were writing about classroom activities you tried in a university freshman class. I'm always on the lookout for people pursuing unique/thoughtful teaching practices, and your writing was really inspiring. I'm teaching in a TESOL grad program at Dankook now.
    I'm doing the Critical Pedagogies course for the first time this semester, so it's a bit of an experiment (I guess everything is). Send me an e-mail and I'll send on some ideas and a list of the readings I'm trying out. I'd also love to hear more about what you do in your classes. Who knows, maybe we'll stumble on some happenings.
    Best,
    Curtis

    ReplyDelete